Economics, Finance & Control
Anita is an Assistant Professor at EMLYON Business School, where she teaches Corporate Finance to MSc students. Her main research interests are venture capital and financial constraints of young entrepreneurial ventures. Anita obtained her PhD at Politecnico di Milano, and also worked as Innovation and Policy consultant in the UK.
- 2012 : Ph.D. in Management, Economics and Industrial Engineering –Politecnico di Milano (DIG), Italy
- 2010 : Qualification to practice engineering profession - State examination, Italy
- 2009 : M.Sc. in Industrial Engineering and Management Engineering – Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- 2007 : B.A. in Industrial Engineering and Management - Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Since December 2013 : Assistant professor of corporate finance - EMLYON Business School, Ecully, France
- April 2013 - November 2013 : Innovation and policy research consultant -Technopolis ltd, Brighton, UK
- October2012 – December 2012 : Teaching Assistant in “Economics and business organization” - Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- March 2012 - June 2012 : Visiting research fellow - SPRU, Sussex University, Brighton, United Kingdom
- August 2011- December 2012 : Visiting research fellow – Business Economics department – Harvard University, Boston, MA, USA
- March 2011 – June 2011 : Teaching Assistant in “Economics and business organization” - Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- March 2010 – June 2010 : Teaching Assistant in “Economics and business organization” - Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Venture Capital
- Public Venture Capital
- Financial constraints
- Global crisis
- Young entrepreneurial ventures
- Nature of venture capitalists in Europe and their investment patterns
- Effect of Public and Private Venture Capital on the invested companies
- Financial constraints of young entrepreneurial ventures
- Effect of global crisis on the performance and strategy of young entrepreneurial ventures in Italy
Communications & SeminarsTop
Colombo M.G., Piva E., Quas A. and Rossi-Lamastra C. (2011). “Strategic changes in response to the crisis and growth of new technology-based firms”,Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, 39(1), 23-54.
Colombo M.G. and Quas A. (2010). “New technology based firms facing the crisis: Which reaction strategies?”,Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, 37(4), 167-181.
Colombo M.G., Piva E., Quas A. and Rossi-Lamastra C. (2012) “How do New Technology-Based Firms react to the global crisis? A dynamic capabilities perspective”.Paper under revision.
Bertoni F., Colombo M.G. and Quas A. “Patterns of Venture Capital investments in Europe”.Last presented atSEI doctoral consortium, HEC Paris, Paris, France, October 2011.
Colombo M.G., Piva E., Quas A. and Rossi-Lamastra C. “How are high-tech entrepreneurial ventures coping with the global crisis? Product innovation and internationalization strategies”. Last presented atStrategic Management Society annual meeting, Miami, Florida, November 2011
Bertoni F., Croce A. and Quas A. “Financial constraints, venture capital investment, and firm’s employment policy”.Last presented at Brighton University, Brighton, UK June 2012.
Guerini M. and Quas A. “Does governmental venture capital certify European high-tech entrepreneurial venture to private venture capital investors?”.Last presented atDPhil Day conference, University of Sussex, Brighton, UK, May 2012.
Bertoni F., Croce A. and Quas A. “How does Venture Capital create value in investee firms? A dynamic analysis”.Last presented at RENT conference, Maastricht,The Netherlands,November 2010.
THESIS (Doctoral Dissertation)
Quas A. (2012) The European Venture Capital ecosystem, Politecnico di Milano, DIG, Italy, Supervised by Massimo G. Colombo.
ACADEMIC ARTICLES (5)‑ Marti, José, QUAS, Anita. 2017. A beacon in the night: government certification of SMEs towards banks.Small Business Economics, FORTH
‑ COLOMBO, Massimo G., PIVA, Evila, , QUAS, Anita, , ROSSI LAMASTRA, Cristina. 2016. How high-tech entrepreneurial ventures cope with the global crisis: changes in product innovation and internationalization strategies.Industry and Innovation, 23 (7): 647-671 p.
‑ GUERINI, Massimiliano, QUAS, Anita. 2016. Governmental venture capital in Europe: screening and certification.Journal of Business Venturing, 31 (2): 175-195 P.
‑ BERTONI, Fabio, COLOMBO, Massimo G., , QUAS, Anita. 2015. The patterns of venture capital investment in Europe.Small Business Economics, 45 (3): 543-560 P.
‑ FICETOLA, Gentile Francesco, CAGNETTA, Massimo, , PADOA-SCHIOPPA, Emilio, , QUAS, Anita, , RAZZETTI, Edoardo, , SINDACO, Roberto, , BONARDI, Anna. 2014. Sampling bias inverts ecogeographical relationships in island reptiles.Global Ecology and Biogeography, 23 (11): 1303-1313 P.