Sport Unlimitech: for this year’s back-to-school, sport is in the air!
It all started on Thursday, September 19th, at the grand opening of the Sport Unlimitech Festival. 1,270 incoming Grande Ecole Program students took the plunge, and got into this year’s early makers challenge, administered by WAP (We Are Peers), a start-up founded by one of our students.
In a nutshell, the Sport Unlimitech Festival is a two-day immersion in the realm of sport and innovation. Divided into teams of 8, students had to meet with sport start-ups and companies, to address concrete issues and develop products or services. On the last day, the top 15 teams were called on the main stage and got the chance to pitch their projects!
Find out more on the video here-below:
The Unlimitech Sport Festival was also an opportunity for a press conference on emlyon’s strong positioning regarding sport. This year, emlyon business schoolhas developed 4 programs specifically dedicated to High Performance Athletes, ranging from Bachelor’s degree to professional reorientation:
- Global BBA Sportif de Haut Niveau (High Performance Athlete Global BBA): a 4 year certified Bachelor’s degree.
- Programme Grande Ecole (Grande Ecole Program), a Master’s degree, post preparatory classes, or post undergraduate degrees.
- PGM on-line (General Management on-line Program), a Master’s degree level, certified by the French Ministry of Labor (RNPC 7).
- Executive MBA, a Master’s degree level, certified by the French Ministry of Labor (RNPC 7).
About thirty High Performance Athletes have already joined these programs: promising young athletes like Iliana Rupert or Maël Vittet, as well as confirmed champions pursuing professional reorientation like Sébastien Chabal and Frédéric Michalak, both present during the press conference.
This positioning is also strongly present in other components such as:
- The MSc in Sport Industry in Management: launched in 2012, this program is built on a double axis focused on innovation and entrepreneurship, with a view to co-construct the next world of sport.
- Research on an international scale, with the creation of the Center for the Eurasian Sport Industry (CESI) in China, an institute based in Shanghai and dedicated to sport, involved in research, impact and state-of-the art education activities.
- Innovation in Sport Business via the “Pack”, a booster platform driven by the triple association of emlyon business school’s accelerator, Lyon’s Rugby Club, the LOU, and GL events, for customized actions promoting start-ups with sport oriented disruptive solutions.
- Sports at emlyon businessschool, with more than 40 different sport activities for all students from all programs on our various campuses.
For more information, take a look at the Sport Institute website.