Associate Professor, Ph.D
Mar Pérezts is Associate Professor of Ethics and Organization, and member of OCE Research Center. Originally from Mexico, she graduated from the Ecole Normale Supérieure d’Ulm in Philosophy and won the FNEGE-AIMS best dissertation award for her PhD in Management Science. she has been a visiting scholar in several universities abroad (University of Alberta (Canada) with a grant from the CEFAG-FNEGE; University of Leipzig (Germany), Scuola Supériore Sant'Anna di Pisa (Italy), University of Nottingham Trent (UK) with a Visiting Fellowship Grant from the British Academy). Her research is transversal, and seeks to link managerial and organizational questions, such as ethics in business, with critical, philosophical and sociological approaches. Her work has been published in Organization Studies, Journal of Business Ethics, Organization, and the European Management Journal. she is Book Reviews Editor for Organization Studies since 2017.
- 2014 Ph.D in Management Science, specialized in Business Ethics, (Supervisor Jean-Philippe Bouilloud) ESCP Europe and Université de Paris 1 Panthéon Sorbonne: "Ethics as situated practice: a multilevel study on ethics at work in banking compliance". Awarded the Best Dissertation in Strategic Management Award by FNEGE-AIMS.
- 2011 Doctoral Visiting Scholar at the Alberta School of Business, at the Canadian Center for Corporate Sustainability and Social Entrepreneurship, under the supervision of Professor Roy Suddaby, with support from the FNEGE
- 2011 CEFAG Program (Centre Européen de Formation Approfondie à la Gestion) of the FNEGE
- 2008 MSc in Management of Organizations and Public Policy - Université de Paris X Nanterre, ESCP-Europe, Ecole des Mines, Ecole Polytechnique, ESSEC,and ENA
- 2007 Diploma of the École Normale Supérieure de Paris in Philosophy (ENS d'Ulm)
- 2007 MSc in Contemporary Philosophy - Université de Paris 1 Panthéon Sorbonne
- 2007 Visiting scholar at the Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna of Pise, Italy
- 2005 BA in Philosophy - Université de Paris 1 Panthéon Sorbonne
- 2004 DEUG in Philosophy and Modern Literature - Université de Provence ; and Classe Préparatoire aux Grandes Écoles (Hypokhâgne – Khâgne) - Lycée Paul Cézanne
2018 Visiting Fellowship Grant from the British Academy for a research project conducted in collaboration with the Responsible and Sustainable Business Lab (Dir. Mollie Painter), Nottingham Business School, Nottingham Trent University (UK) (11'000£).
2015 AIMS-FNEGE Award for Best Doctoral Dissertation in Strategic Management (Association Internationale de Management Stratégique - Fondation Nationale pour l'enseignement de la gestion des entreprises) http://www.fnege.org/nos-prix/prix-de-these/resultats-2015
2015 Finalist of the Robin Cosgrove Prize for Ethics in Finance for the paper : "Dirty hands and dirty money: towards a framework for fighting pollution in finance" http://www.obsfin.ch/wp-content/uploads/Document/Mar%20Perezts_RCP.pdf
2013 Best Paper Excellence in Ethics Award by the Institute for Ethical Business Worldwide, Mendoza College of Business, University of Notre Dame, IN, USA, for the working paper : "Compliance or Comfort Zone? The role of embedded ethics in performing regulation"
2012 Finalist for the Roland Calori Best Paper Prize, Association Internationale de Management Stratégique, France.
- Since May 2015 Associate Professor at EMLYON Business School, in the Management, Law and Human Resources department
- Since September 2012 Assistant Professor at EMLYON Business School, in the Management, Law and Human Resources department
- 2012 Assistant of the Chair Société Générale-ESCP Europe (Prés HéSam) « Leadership, Organizations and Society »
- 2008 - 2012 Research and teaching assistant at ESCP Europe (Strategy, Organizations and Human Resources department, Master in European Business, Exectuive Master in Business Consulting)
- 2010 Project head in an Anti-Money Laundering unit of a French Investment Bank
- 2008 Professor of Business Ethics at ITESM University (Mexico)
- 2007 Arts Management internship as musical programming assistant at the Auditorium du Musée du Louvre
Book Reviews Editor, Organization studies (2017 to date)
AIMS - Comité Scientifique Permanent (2015-2018)
- Business Ethics
- Philosophical and Sociological approaches to Management and Organizations
- Organization Theory
- Critical Management Studies
- Qualitative Research Methodologies
- Social Studies of Finance, Money and Regulation
- Bachelor - Applied Research in Social Sciences (RECAPSS)
- MSc in Management - Human Resource Management
- MSc in Management - Philosoph(ies) and Management
- Msc in Management - Managing Differently
- Msc in Management - Power and Politics
- Master in Financial Engineering - Finance Ethics and Compliance
The question of meaning in work and organizations: its materializations, its loss, its transmission ; ethics, corporate social responsibility, sustainable development and social and societal implications of business from a practice perspective ; institutional theories of organizations; sociological and critical approaches ; the question of time in management science; gender issues.
ACADEMIC ARTICLES (5)‑ Bouilloud, Jean-Philippe, Perezts, Mar, , Viale, Thierry, , Schaepelynck, Valentin. 2019. Beyond the Stable Image of Institutions: Using Institutional Analysis to Tackle Classic Questions in Institutional Theory.Organization Studies, FORTH
‑ Lindebaum, Dirk, Perezts, Mar, , Andersson, Lynne. 2018. Why Books?.Organization Studies, 39 (1): 135-141 p.
‑ Andersson, Lynne, Lindebaum, Dirk, , Perezts, Mar. 2018. Book Review Symposium: Slavery In and Around Organizations.Organization Studies, FORTH
‑ PICARD, Sébastien, Perezts, Mar, , STEYER, Véronique, , PHILIPPE, Xavier. 2013. Orchestrating complexity: a case study on the strategic impact of knotting action nets.Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings, 2013 (1): 17008-17008 P.
‑ Picard, Sébastien, Perezts, Mar, , Steyer, Véronique, , Philippe, Xavier. 2013. Orchestrating complexity: a case study on the strategic impact of knotting action nets.Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings, 2013 (1): 17008-17008 P.
BOOK CHAPTERS (1)‑ Picard, Sébastien, Steyer, Véronique, , Philippe, Xavier, , Perezts, Mar. 2017. Leading the war on epidemics: exploring corporations’ predatory modus operandi and their effects on institutional field dynamics., Power, Policy and Profit: Corporate Engagement in Politics and Governance. : Cheltenham : Edward Elgar
PRESS ARTICLES (2)‑ Perezts, Mar, Simon, Thomas. 2017. Organisation collective : S'ennuyer en réunion: Bénédiction ou malédiction ?.Courrier Cadres, 111: 60-61 p.
‑ Perezts, Mar. 2015. L' éthique, une question de sens dans la vie quotidienne des affaires.Le Figaro Etudiant,