Tout au long de son histoire, emlyon business school est restée fidèle à ce qui la caractérise et fait sa différence: l'esprit d'entreprise, l'innovation et l'humanisme. Ces valeurs sont celles qui définissent au mieux l'esprit emlyon business school.
- 1872 The Ecole Supérieure de Commerce de Lyon opens its doors with 75 students and 17 professors.
- 1877 Founding of the Alumni Association, which participates actively in helping its graduates find employment.
- 1952 All students are now required to do two internships abroad.
- 1960 Creation of the Development Center of Management: launch of the Executive Education activity
- 1972 The School’s new site opens in Ecully.
- 1978 Creation of a Double-Diploma programme. A school network is created: ESC Lyon, University of Texas (USA), York University (Canada), University of Connecticut (USA), Aston University (UK) and Pace University (USA).
- 1984 Creation of the Entrepreneurs Centre and launch of entrepreneurial programmes.
- 1988 Setting up of a new network covering all of Europe (60 partners in the world).
- 1997 ESC Lyon celebrates its 125th anniversary and becomes E.M.LYON (Ecole de Management de Lyon).
- 2005 E.M.LYON receives AACSB accreditation (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), adding to its existing Equis and AMBA accreditations.
- 2007 Opening of a new campus in Shanghai
- 2010 The Alumni association becomes EMLYON FOREVER and counts 20 000 alumni worldwide.
- 2014 Opening of a new campus in Saint-Etienne and launch of the BBA (Bachelor in Business Administration)
- 2015 Opening of a new campus in Casablanca & Launch of a worldwide partnership with IBM
- 2016 New visual identity and new brand signature, integration of the “early makers” approach in School’s strategy and teaching & Opening of a new campus in Paris
- 2018 Inauguration of Casablanca new campus
TO BE CONTINUED…