Professeur de Management Innovation
Stratégie et Organisation
Martin est un esprit indiscipliné : il obtient son doctorat en philosophie de l'Université de Vienne en 2002 et a depuis occupé des positions en stratégie, théorie de l'organisation, marketing & design dans des universités en Australie, en Autriche, au Danemark, en Suède, au Royaume-Uni et en France. Oscillant entre bibliothèque et laboratoire, sa recherche et ses enseignements se concentrent sur la découverte d'idées et de pratiques éveillant et développant l'imagination des managers et des étudiants.
FormationHaut de page
- Magister (Master) in Philosophie, University of Vienna
- Dissertation (PhD), Department of Philosophy, University of Vienna, and Institute for Organization and Learning, University of Innsbruck
PrixHaut de page
- 2012 Innovative Teaching Award, Vienna University of Economics and Business
- 2011 FUHU Education Prize, Copenhagen Business School
- 2010 Innovative Teaching Award, Vienna University of Economics and Business
- Strategic Organization! Award for best essay published in 2008
ExpériencesHaut de page
- Professor for Strategy and Organization at Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Associate Professor in Design and Business at the University of TechnologySydney, Australia
- Director for Research, Australian Creative Industry Innovation Centre, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
- Visiting positions at the WU Vienna, University of Innsbruck, University of Edinburgh, University of St. Andrews, Stockholm University, Royal Institute of Technology (Stockholm), SWOCC/Giep Franzen Fellow, Dutch Foundation for Scientific Research on Brand Communications, University of Amsterdam.
- Co-founder and co-director of the Sydney-based brand consultancy PLAY (see www.playcomms.com). Client experience includes PricewaterhouseCoopers, Freehills, ISS, MINI, Adobe, GlaxoSmithKline, Kellog’s, Subaru, Jaguar, The Sydney Opera House and others. PLAY has received numerous marketing awards in Australia and was bought 2012 by WPP.
- Research consultant, public speaker and advisor to global organizations such as Tetra Pak, Deloitte, Deutsche Bahn, public organizations (City of Sydney) and entrepreneurial creative firms
Comités EditoriauxHaut de page
- Reviewer for Academy of Management Review; Accounting, Organization and Society; American Journal of Sociology; Geografiska Annaler B: Human Geography; Human Relations; Organization Studies; Organization; Theory, Culture and Society, Strategic Management Journal, Sociological Theory, Long Range Planning, Social Studies of Science and others.
- Member of editorial board of Organization Studies and Strategic Organization
ExpertisesHaut de page
- Développement de stratégies innovantes
- Structure organisationnelle en écosystèmes ouverts
- Innovation en management
EnseignementHaut de page
- EMBA Program Strategy
- PhD Seminar on Strategic Management (with Zied Guedri)
Thèmes de rechercheHaut de page
- Stratégie, pratique, innovation
- Conception, écosystèmes ouverts, co-création
- Infrastructure conceptuelle de la pensée managériale
Communications et SéminairesHaut de page
- 2016 Strategy Practices and Performativity: Understanding Strategy as Performative Practice. Laure Cabantous, Martin Kornberger and David Seidl, stream organized at EGOS colloquium July 7-9, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
- 2016 Symposium on Albert Hirschman, keynote speaker: Prof Jeremy Adelman, Princeton, at Copenhagen Business School, March 11 2016
- 2015 Workshop on Thinking Infrastructures, CBS, September
- 2013 Travelling with Branding: Exploring the Kaleidoscopic Nature of Branding, Viviane Sergi, Martin Kornberger and Majken Schultz, stream organized at EGOS colloquium July 4-6 2013, HEC Montréal, Canada
- 2012 Early PhD workshop at EGOS colloquium July 5-7 2012, Aalto University & Hanken School of Economics, Helsinki, Finland
- 2012 Workshop on the Urban Commons, CBS November
- 2012 Workshop on the Making Things Valuable, CBS November
- 2011 The Works of Branding: Shaping Organizational Identities and Practices, Martin Kornberger, Dan Kärreman and Majken Schultz, stream organized at the EGOS colloquium July 7-9 2011, University of Göteborg, Sweden
- 2012 Workshop on Strategy, Organization and Society, CBS, November
- 2010 Organizing and disorganizing resilience in the globalizing city, Kees Borsma, Stewart Clegg and Martin Kornberger, stream organized at the EGOS colloquium July 1-3 2010, NOVA University, Lisbon, Portugal
- 2009 Making brands come alive: how organizations, stakeholders and customers mobilize their identity, Martin Kornberger, Majken Schultz and Jonathan Schroeder, stream organized at the EGOS colloquium, July 2–4 2009, ESADE Business School, Barcelona, Spain
- 2008 Conceptualizing, Organizing, and Managing Cities, Martin Kornberger, Kees Boersma, Stewart R. Clegg, and Barbara Czarniawska, stream organized at EGOS 2008, July 10-12, The Free University, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 2007 Challenges in Organizing and Managing in Rapidly Emerging Economies: Learning to Organize in the Global World, Chris Carter, Stewart R. Clegg, Barbara Czarniawska, and Martin Kornberger, stream organized at APROS (Asia-Pacific Researchers in Organization Studies) Dec 9-12 2007, Management Development Institute, Gurgaon, New Delhi, India
- 2007 A fairly short, very interesting and reasonably cheap workshop about strategy, two-day workshop organized by C. Carter, S. Clegg and M. Kornberger, Aston Business School, UK, September 3-4,
- 2007 Open Track, convened by S. Gueldenberg, C. Carter, A. McKinley, W. Hoffmann, M. Kornberger and R. Meyer, stream organized at EGOS (European Group of Organization Studies) 2007, July 3-7, Vienna, Austria
- 2005 Strategy as Practice: How Do Ideas Travel Through an Organization Until They Turn Into Strategies?, M. Kornberger and C. Carter, stream organized at APROS (Asia-Pacific Researchers in Organization Studies) 2005, Dec 7-10, Melbourne, Australia
- 2005 Performing Ethics, S. Clegg, M. Kornberger, C. Rhodes, stream organized at APROS 2005, Dec 7-10, Melbourne
- 2005 Ethics at work: exploring the dynamic relationships between ethics and organizational processes and practices, C. Carter, M. Kornberger and S. Clegg, stream organized at EURAM (European Academy of Management) 2005, May 4-7, Munich, Germany
- 2004 Professions in Travail? Governance, Power and Ethics, G. Hanlon, M. Kornberger and F Mueller, stream organized at EURAM 2004, May 5-8, St Andrews, Scotland
- 2004 Being Relevant? Working between the academic comfort zone and the combat zone of practice, M. Kornberger and C. Rhodes, Symposium organized at the American Academy of Management Conference 2004, August 6-11, New Orleans, USA
- 2004 Only Connect: Neat words, networks, organizational identities, relations and language, S. Clegg, S. Gudergan and M. Kornberger, stream organized at EGOS 2004, July 3-5 Ljubljana
- 2003 Language, change and organization: management as discursive practice, M. Kornberger, Stream organized at APROS 2003, December 7-10, Oaxca, Mexico
- 2003 Space and management, M. Kornberger and S. Clegg, Stream organized at EGOS 2003, July 3-5, Copenhagen, Denmark
PublicationsHaut de page
Articles académiques (8)‑ Kornberger, Martin. 2017. The visible hand and the crowd: Analyzing organization design in distributed innovation systems.Strategic Organization, 15 (2): 174-193 p.
‑ Kornberger, Martin. 2017. The Values of Strategy: Valuation Practices, Rivalry and Strategic Agency.Organization Studies, 38 (12): 1753-1773 p.
‑ Kornberger, Martin, Meyer, Renate E., , Brandtner, Christof, , Höllerer, Markus A.. 2017. When Bureaucracy Meets the Crowd: Studying “Open Government” in the Vienna City Administration.Organization Studies, 38 (2): 179-200 p.
‑ Kornberger, Martin, Pflueger, Dane, , Mouritsen, Jan. 2017. Evaluative infrastructures: Accounting for platform organization.Accounting, Organizations and Society, 60: 79-95 p.
‑ Kornberger, Martin, Leixnering, Stephan, , Meyer, Renate E., , Hoellerer, Markus. 2017. Rethinking the sharing economy: the nature and organization of sharing in the 2015 refugee crisis.Academy of Management Discoveries, FORTH
‑ Brandtner, Christof, Kornberger, Martin, , Meyer, Renate E., , Höllerer, Markus A.. 2016. Enacting governance through strategy: Comparative study on governance configurations in Sydney and Vienna.Urban Studies, 54(5): 1075-1091 p.
‑ Kornberger, Martin, Justesen, Lise, , Mouritsen, Jan. 2011. “When you make manager, we put a big mountain in front of you”: An ethnography of managers in a Big 4 Accounting Firm.Accounting, Organizations and Society, 36 (8): 514-533 p.
‑ Kornberger, Martin, Carter, Chris, , Ross-Smith, Anne. 2010. Changing gender domination in a Big Four accounting firm: Flexibility, performance and client service in practice. Accounting, Organizations and Society, 35 (8): 775-791 p.
Ouvrages (2)‑ Borch, Christian, Kornberger, Martin. 2015. Urban Commons: Rethinking the City. London: Routledge 176 p.
‑ Kornberger, Martin, Justesen, Lise, , Mouritsen, Jan, , Koed Madsen, Anders. 2015. Making Things Valuable. Oxford: Oxford University Press
Chapitres d'ouvrages (2)‑ Kornberger, Martin, Borch, Christian. 2015. Introduction: Urban Commons., Urban Commons: Rethinking the City. : London : Routledge, 1-21 p.
‑ Kornberger, Martin, Justesen, Lise, , Mouritsen, Jan, , Koed Madsen, Anders. 2015. Introduction: Making Things Valuable., Making Things Valuable. : Oxford : Oxford University Press, 1-17 p.